This is your community area page in support of wildfire mitigation.
We are STRONGER together – encouraging all residents to make their properties safe.
The map below shows what NextDoor defines as Shadow Mountain Area.
- Check Elk Creek Fire Department guidelines to make sure your land is up to standards
- Assess your own property or enlist the help of a professional slash removal company
- Implement measures to prevent fires such as placing Fire Extinguisher Balls in the trees around your property
Join the efforts to clear our lands and protect homes from wildfire in Colorado. We must do all we can to keep forests clear of hazards.
- Information about Colorado and priority areas from the 2020 Colorado Forest Action Plan and Area Economics are on the Forest Atlas:
- Colorado State Forest Service guidelines for defensible space:
- Forestry Best Management Practices to Protect CO Water Quality:
- Information on forest products/wood utilization in Colorado (Colorado Wood Utilization and Marketing Program):
- Colorado Timber Industry Association:
- Information on forest restoration of ponderosa pine and dry mixed-conifer forests on the Colorado Front Range:
make a difference
We are looking to apply for a government grant
for wildfire mitigation in Conifer, CO Area